Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Four states of goodness.

So, Sam and I LOVE Christmas time. Like, really LOVE IT. It is THE thing we look forward to all year.

Spring break? Nope.
New Years? Nope.
Deer Season? Nu-uh.
Marriages? births? The release of the Wake Owl EP? Nope, nope, and nope.

Let me put this in some perspective for you.

One of the first real memories I have of Sam was around Christmas time. I was getting off the elevator of our apartment building as He got on, and I noticed him immediately. He was dressed in a Christmas sweater (with shoulder pads - which I will admit was a little weird), and carrying a mug of cold eggnog .

At that moment a knew that I there was potentially another person on this earth that loved Christmas as much as I did, and I had to get to know him.

...Even if for nothing else than collaborating on a joint Christmas party.

You get the picture. We love Christmas.

So this Christmas, as Sam and I filled his car with backpacks and luggage, you can imagine how I couldn't help but be excited about what was ahead of us. 

We traveled to four different states in two weeks; stopping in one place for a few days than moving on to the next. Whether it was the people, the adventures, the scenery, or all of the above - each place brought me face to face with the awesomeness of my Creator.

So often, I am guilty of just seeing Christmas as a time to reflect on what God did for us long ago in sending His son; but this Christmas, as I gazed on snow covered mountains and cherished time with my sweet family, I was reminded of the ways God is STILL at work and is STILL so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment